Art Design Project
A Contest among street art painters, designers, artists
for Yamal LNG tanks art design.
Arctic Project with predominantly monotone color palette: in summer – green tundra and dark waters of the Ob River; in winter – white snow and ice with polar night and polar day setting in respectively in winter and in summer.
Yamal LNG project skyline is made up of industrial buildings and structures in the middle of the Arctic tundra. No individual features are present in the architecture and decoration.
One of the Project centerpieces is a group of 4 tanks 160,000 m3 each.
- Tank concrete side face area: 11,544 m2,
4 tanks: 46,176 m2, height – more than 40 m.
- The anticipated painted area of one tank: 4,500 m2
2017 Contest Schedule
- May 26: Closing date.
- May 27 – June 7: Summing up the results of the competition.
- June 7: Winner to be announced (1 (one) winner to be selected based on the contest results).
Assignment for contestants
Create a centerpiece and symbol of the Project amidst an industrial landscape with the aid of monumental painting, graffiti on the tanks.
A large-scale work of art North of the Arctic Circle.
3. Possible Catchwords
- Harnessing the Arctic Power,
- Results-Oriented Work,
- Arctic Power to the People,
- Harmony between the Human and Nature,
- LNG as an Art.
- Each participant can submit for competition no more than 3 works in jpg format.
- Competitive works must be sent to email@example.com
- Detailed requirements and conditions can be found here: LNG Tanks Art Design Contest Yamal LNG Regulations